A great opportunity to explore Iyengar Yoga:
Iyengar Yoga is popular world wide and it is followed by lakhs and lakhs of people through out 88 countries across the world. Yogacharya, Yoga Guru Sri B.K.S. Iyengar is the leading authority for Yoga. He developed the asanas in perpection to angles and in line with the physical body. He also developed certain props like chairs, wooden bricks, benches, belt, pillow, wooden plank, blanket etc, to perform difficult asanas easily by the practitioners and to bring the perfection to certain asanas.
As Iyengar Yoga is unique Hatha Yoga, it has to be practiced and learned from a Certified Iyengar Yoga Teacher. Chennai Iyengar School of Yoga Centre is one of the approved school and the teacher is a Certified Iyengar Yoga Teacher from Ramamani Iyengar Memorial Yoga Institute, Pune.
In order to popularise Iyengar Yoga and most of the people to benefit the experience of Iyengar Yoga, the Institute is established during April 2011. Since then, more than 600 Yoga learners, aspirants and therapeutic patients have been benefitted.
For all students, Junior level Iyengar Yoga based on Guruji’s “Light on Yoga” and “Light on Pranayama” is taught. Students who are continuing to learn for 6 months with a minimum of 80% attendance will be given Completion Certificate. Completion Certificate is qualifying to continue further level of yoga course only and not for teaching Iyengar Yoga.
Anybody from the age of 8 to 80 years can join on any day – duration of the class is one hour daily – from Monday to Friday - Medium of Instruction is in English and if necessary explanation is given in Tamil.
Therapeutic Yoga Class:
People with physical pain and patients with illness are treated using props – Class duration is 1 hr-30 mts. To 2 hours – No medicine prescribed – diet suggestions will be given wherever required.
General Class discipline
* Person has to bring their own yoga mat.
* All other props are provided at the Centre.
* Dress Code: Men: Half shorts/track suit and T-shirts; Women: Churidhar
* Do come on empty stomach at least 3 hours after meal.
* Do come after bath.
* Persons with physical pain and ill health should inform beforehand.
* Persons must keep up time schedule.
* Fees paid once are not refundable or adjustable for future service.
* Absent days and holidays will not be compensated.
* Do get prior appointment for consultation and Medical class.
* Food preferred: Vegetarian food and without fatty/ oily contents.
Class Schedule: Health Care Yoga Course: Week days : Monday to Friday :
Morning : 6 am -7 am; 7 am – 8 am Evening: 3pm - 4 pm; 4pm – 5 pm;
Therapeutic Yoga (Medical Class): All seven days : Morning 8 am to 10 am.